Originally offered by Apple as a kit in the late 1980s, now you can have a similar kit for a fraction of the price as an original. This kit allows you to convert your existing Apple IIe to a IIgs. This requires a ROM 00 or ROM 01 IIgs logic board, keyboard, and power supply.
This kit includes:
- Apple IIe to IIgs metal base plate (tan)
- Refurbished Apple IIgs logos for the IIe case
- Injection molded tabs required to Mount the IIgs board to the base plate
- Power supply connector (requires soldering unless pre-installed)
- Keyboard connector (requires soldering unless pre-installed)
- Metal speaker retainer clips
- Tan 3m rubber feet
- Nickel plated die cast speed nuts to mount base plate to plastic case
- Logic board and case screws
This kit is compatible with original Apple IIe cases or MacEffects clear cases. No plastic case is included.